[c-nsp] ASR920 Opinions

michalis.bersimis at hq.cyta.gr michalis.bersimis at hq.cyta.gr
Thu Dec 28 09:45:28 EST 2017

We use them as an access/aggregation "small" router installed either inside outdoor cabinets for broadband and ME services or at small PoPs for aggregation MSANs. Some of the features are, MPLS, BGP (with RFC3107), LDP, RSVP, BFD. The backhauling is 2x10G in a ring topology with other ASR920. Although the buffers are small,  as other mention we apply the queue-limit towards 1G ports. For its price it's a modest router which works for us, as part of  the access/aggregation network.

We don't use it as full internet router so the small TCAM it's currently no problem for our case. If we face this kind of problem then the bgp selective download feature will be the solution for us.

---
Michalis