[c-nsp] OSPF LSA Type 3 / 5 question ...

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Thu Feb 2 21:33:45 EST 2017

Fabio,

Thank you for the response! Yes -- that's exactly what I'm trying to do.
However, the problem is this:

If I use the "summary-address" command, it not only masks it on the rest
of the backbone, it masks it on the ABR too. Consequently I have to add
a static route to the downstream router for 10.100.0.0/24.

If I have to add statics on the ABR for every downstream redistributed
static, it's almost not worth even running OSPF between the two.

What I'm looking for is a way for the static to appear on the ABR, but
not beyond it. (I.e., mask it everywhere except the ABR.)

Hope that makes sense ... thanks!

			- bryan