[c-nsp] G.8032 Interop between IOS-XR Calix E7

Tim Calvin tcalvin at tlsn.net
Fri Feb 3 13:40:45 EST 2017

Hey everyone

Curious if anyone can clarify G.8032 behavior on ASR9K IOS-XR or even IOS-XE on an ASR920.

Trying to turn up G.8032 with a few Calix E7 shelves in the mix.

The Calix E7s confirm strictly to the standard. The destination MAC for R-APS messages are sent to and expected to be received on multicast address 01-19-A7-00-00-[Ring ID]

Looks like the ASR9K's are sending the R-APS messages to the G.8032 ver 1 default MAC of 01-19-A7-00-00-01

Is there anyway of manipulating this Ring ID on IOS-XR or IOS-XE?

Is the Ring ID the same thing as the APS Message Level on Cisco? I don't see the APS Message Level described in the standard but its a required config on the Cisco gear. I can change this value from 0-7. Their documents don't go into detail on that matter.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim Calvin