[c-nsp] iBGP as MPLS labeling protocol

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:16:14 EST 2017

There are implementations of this using eBGP, mainly in datacenters, but you could maybe do the same thing with iBGP, NH manipulation, and RR.  There was at least one router vendor I encountered in the past that required a BGP-LU route be resolved using some underlying tunnel type like RSVP/LDP, with eBGP it automatically associated the peer interface as the NH forwarding interface.  Not sure how Cisco behaves in those scenarios.

The configuration as someone else mentioned would likely be overly complicated and hard for most to follow once you figure it all out initially.  ☺

Phil