[c-nsp] 2 port 100 gig module - ASR9000

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Thu Jan 5 16:05:13 EST 2017

On 05/01/17 20:54, Aaron wrote:
> I read below that they are fully compatible with
> all Cisco ASR9000 chassis, rsp's and linecards, and no upgrades required to
> chassis or cooling system.

It's a Typhoon card, so needs a suitable supervisor. It won't work with
the RSP-4G or RSP-8G, as far as I understand it.

If you're using a 99xx chassis it should be fine. With the 9006 and 9010
you'll need to make sure you're using at least a pair of RSP440s.

Of course none of the Typhoon grade equipment will be supported by the
64-bit eXR releases that are just appearing, which is worth remembering.

Actually, on that note, you really should be looking at the MOD200 now,
but that's Tomahawk gen and you'd need an RSP880/RP2 to use it. Saying
that, if you're on RSP-4/8G today, you might as well buy the RSP880-RL
as it's the same list price as the RSP440.

The cooling upgrades are specific to the chassis. I'm not aware of any
restrictions on the 2x100G card, but I know the 24/36x10G cards need the
V2 cooling tray in the 9006 or it disables 'high powered optics' in half
of the card. :)

--
Tom