[c-nsp] 2 port 100 gig module - ASR9000

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Thu Jan 5 19:31:47 EST 2017

On 05/01/17 21:55, Aaron wrote:
> Just want to make sure this is true that this (2) port 100 gig module
> will work with A9K-RSP-4G

Actually, I stand corrected; if Jared's suggestion wasn't enough, if you
look at the A9K-RSP-4G data sheet, it lists all of the Typhoon line
cards as being supported:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/data_sheet_c78-500699.html

Though as before, power problems will be found on the chassis data
sheet, and installation guides. (You'll find them with Google). Even so,
the V2 fan trays/V3 PSUs cost nothing compared to the line card itself,
so just get 'em and be safe in the knowledge that you'll be covered for
the rest of that chassis' lifetime (it's due a replacement).

Something I should stress: if this amount of money is so important to
you, demanding a neat answer on a shiny platter - with all the warranty
of C-NSP - isn't the best of ideas. Go and talk to a Cisco SE about it,
because at least then you have someone to blame if it goes wrong. ;)

Personally, I'd be investing anything I had - even if it were a bit more
- in RSP880(RL) and Tomahawk MOD cards. Better that than be constrained
to 5.x versions of 32b XR whilst you pay off/amortise $150k of Typhoon
card.

--
Tom