[c-nsp] ASR900 Family

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:32:05 EST 2017

Does anyone have any experience with this family?  We were looking at an
ASR1006 however the power requirement was too much (required to be fused to
a 50A breaker) on DC..  I did find the ASR903 a smaller foot print capable
of some 10G capacity and OC3/OC12 which is all that we would need.

Functions needed:
BFD over LAG/Bundle-Ethernet for Metro Circuits
MPLS, LDP, OSPF, IPV4 BGP, VPNV4 BGP, IPV6
L2VPN Psuedowires

Total traffic transported out of this router would not exceed 2G.

It basically needs to Function as a small PE in our network so we can keep
a router in a facility.  ASR9000s are too big for this facility.

This must be a DC device only.

Thanks