[c-nsp] Tabo Topic? Third party Maintenance

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Jan 24 03:02:18 EST 2017

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 07:33:08PM -0500, Charles Sprickman via cisco-nsp wrote:
> I have to say, I haven???t been impressed with their support in a long
> time.  We have smartnet really just for hardware, and recently I figured
> that since we have support, I???d actually try and offload a task that I
> hate - picking a stable version of IOS that has all the security issues
> resolved.

Bwahahaha.  Sorry.

No, *that* you need special magic dust advanced consulting for.

Nobody inside Cisco knows whether any IOS version is stable, or has all
the features you want (plus support for all the hardware you have) at the
same time.

(Just answering the question "which series of cat 2xxx switches are
vulnerable to the recent L2 loop bug - CSCuu69332, CSCut92591?" was
near to impossible already, and that should have been fairly easy to
figure out - "is it a software or hardware issue, which features does
it relate to, these are included in <x>", but what we got was... not helpful)

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de