[c-nsp] Stopping MLD responses & protecting CPU from MLD queries

James A. T. Rice james_r-cnsp at jump.org.uk
Fri Jan 27 10:13:32 EST 2017

Hi Enno,

> On 26 Jan 2017, at 08:42, Enno Rey <erey at ernw.de> wrote:
>
> from the top of my head "no ipv6 mld join-group" should achieve that (whereas "no ipv6 mld router" disables the querier side of things).
> have you tried that (the former)?

'no ipv6 mld join-group' requires a group address to be specified, I've tried the ff02::1 group address (that the mld queries are sent to), and it neither showed up in the configuration (presumably it only removes an 'ipv6 mld join-group' config line), nor made any difference to the 4500E or the 6500 responding to the MLD queries.

Router(config-if)#no ipv6 mld join-group                                                                                                                                 % Incomplete command.
Router(config-if)#no ipv6 mld join-group ?                                                                                                                               X:X:X:X::X  IP group address
Router(config-if)#no ipv6 mld join-group ff02::1

Thanks
James