[c-nsp] ASR9K - 6PE packets punted to RP

James Jun james at towardex.com
Wed Jul 12 12:53:55 EDT 2017

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 10:54:08AM -0500, Aaron Gould wrote:
> I've tested and running in some places dual-stacked over MPLS L3VPN
> (6*V*PE)... I haven't seen any problems with 6VPE via my ASR9k's as of
> yet... just thought I'd let you know in case you could go with 6VPE rather
> than 6PE and avoid your issues.  Just a thought.  Sorry I don't have info
> about 6PE and punting issues.
>
> -Aaron

Yea, I do have 6VPE deployed on the other network that we run, and there are no problems there.

As for 6PE problems I'm having now..

TAC hasn't gotten back to us yet, but on the other somewhat related bug seems to be CSCuo20651 affecting both v4 and v6 labeled-ucast.
It suggests doing 'clear route ipv6 unicast' as a workaround to force reprogramming of v6 (6pe included) routes into FIB.

James