[c-nsp] Cisco 7609 packet punted to CPU

krunal shah krun.shah at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 16:52:19 EDT 2017

We have issue that I have been dealing with TAC engineer from last 3 weeks
now.

Platform is Cisco 7609 with 15(3)S3 advipservice with all 6708 DFC3CXL line
card running MPLS and full BGP table imported into a VRF.

We are getting traffic punted to CPU from one specific line card. We
replaced the line card and still getting same issue.

Looking at some CLI

remote command module 1 show mls cef mpls | ex drop

shows all MPLS lables as punt but same lables from other line cards and SP
are showing recirc

#remote command module 1 show mls cef mpls | ex drop

#remote command module 2 show mls cef mpls label 16
Codes: + - Push label, - - Pop Label         * - Swap Label, E - exp1
Index  Local            Label                  Out i/f
       Label             Op
2323   16  (EOS)        (-)                    recirc

#remote command module 1 show mls cef mpls label 16

Codes: + - Push label, - - Pop Label         * - Swap Label, E - exp1
Index  Local            Label                  Out i/f
       Label             Op
12264  16  (EOS)                               punt

Has anyone run into this issue before and what could have trigger this and
how to fix it?

Krunal