[c-nsp] Physical Network TAP devices

Juergen Marenda cnsp at marenda.net
Wed Jul 19 15:30:52 EDT 2017

For the 1G thing, we use this one

http://www.pandacomdirekt.com/en/products/wdm/transponder-cards/267-gbps/2-c
hannel-up-to-267gbps-3r.html

With that, we can put loops in (missing at for example alcatel SAS)
Do the medias-conversion (wdm/singlemode to cooper or whatever the next
device is.

You can program the output of any of the four ports to be the input of one
of the four.

So, we have 1 port line , 2 port our router , two port with gig output for
each direction,
So we can tap 1G full duplex and put it to whatever collecting device (silk
?)

Also, we use it as an STM1 Switch for our last 155MBit line
(switch the line to one or another router, so we do not need the power
consuming atm-switch any more)

Juergen.

PS Hope this was not too much advertising ?