[c-nsp] Nexus 7707 as Internet Edge Router?

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Wed Jul 26 06:57:19 EDT 2017

Mark Tinka wrote:
> We have refused to use the ASR9000 as an edge router because of how
> Cisco implement policing on LAG's, in general. However, we use them
> quite extensively as border and peering routers.

seconded.  I don't like using them for single-homed customer edge
because the software upgrade and patch process is a complete pain and
will cause prolonged downtime unless you have dual rsps, in which case
you'll only end up with prolonged downtime if you're doing major
upgrades or have a requirement which can only be solved by turbobooting.

They're great for dual-homed customer edge and inter-as duty though.

Nick