[c-nsp] OT Solarwinds Alternatives

Nathan Lannine nathan.lannine at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 07:14:10 EDT 2017

> - AKIPS - Sooo expensive

AKIPS gives deep discounts for the public sector.  Although the
product has a few more features than our primary use cases, we use it
for fault monitoring/alerting (ping up/down, SNMP status change,
trap+syslog pattern matching), metric tracking, and CAM/ARP history
and tracking.  It works great for us, is super easy to get running,
and has really responsive support.  ATM, I actually can't imagine
using anything else for the same functions.

Now I'm in a similar boat of having to decide on change
management/config backup.

- Nathan