[c-nsp] Migrating multi 1Gb port-chan member ints to 10G .....possible withot having to create a new portchan?

CiscoNSP List CiscoNSP_list at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 16 07:32:19 EDT 2017

Cheers, I labbed it up om ASR1001 -> 4948....now the ASR1001 had SPA1x5G, it had 2 working GE-Ts....added the same SFP's (Copper/GE-T), the ASR logged the insertion, you could vie the details of the SFPs, but we could not get them to link to anything (and yes, we had enabled the ports :).....SFPs worked fine in the 4948....put some single mode fibre SFP's and worked instantly.....job for another day to figure out)....any way setup a 2 port portchan, with 5 subints on ASR1001, vlan int on 4948, all worked as exected.....big test was removal of the 2 member ints on ASR1001 from portchan (Would it not allow it, or allow it, and delete the portchan/subints....thankfully, neither...It allowed the removal of all member ints, and just shutdown the portchan (Keeping al subints conf)......re-added the links, and all worked....replicated this on the ASR1006/4500X, and it also did the same....so a relatively painless change,, and we now have 2x10Gs in the portchan.

Thanks for all the suggestions - cheers.