[c-nsp] GRE tunnels on 9k

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Tue Jun 20 09:24:43 EDT 2017

Good morning,

I am having some really crazy results when testing GRE tunnels on nexus 9k's.

They seem to work about 10 percent of the time.
I am going a little mad thinking about where the stars and planets were when these tunnels worked.

This is with the source and destination in the global table, and testing the tunnel IP, both in a VRF and in the global table.
This has been tested using both loopbacks as a source, and the outgoing interfaces.  Although I want to use loopbacks as we are using L3 multi-path.
I have searched the bug database I don't see anything strange . going to hit up TAC.  Tunnels over the same links on a terminated on ASR920 work fine.

Has anyone had any good / bad experiences with tunnels on the 9k?

Thank you,
nick