[c-nsp] Embedded Packet Capture on ASR-920

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 10:10:03 EDT 2017

On 21 Jun 2017 22:55, "Nick Cutting" <ncutting at edgetg.com> wrote:

Has anyone used this?
I have used it on other IOS-XE routers 44xx/3xxx with no issues.

My captures are empty on the ASR-920

Code running is:

03.18.01.SP.156-2.SP1-ext

Any experiences greatly welcomed.

Nick

Hi Nick,

What traffic are you trying to capture? I got this working as per these
notes (I had done something similar on ASR1000s but it turns out the syntax
is slightly different on the ASR920):
https://null.53bits.co.uk/index.php?page=embedded-packet-capture-epc

However that was a while ago, if I recall correctly I had was PPPoE traffic
tagged in a specific VLAN that I wanted to inspect and this wasn't showing
up in the traffic capture so I ended up having to SPAN the port on the
neighbouring device. So I think it's not perfect and possibly not even sure
its supported. I didn't bother with TAC as the SPAN worked fine and I
haven't needed it since.

Cheers,
James.