[c-nsp] Cisco One Licensing

Scott Voll svoll.voip at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:51:26 EST 2017

Anyone looked at Cisco One licensing?

I have not yet done a side by side comparison with Ala-cart but pricing
structure looks like I get to pay up front and continue to pay long term.
I have to think ala-cart has to be more reasonable.

Then this "transferable" license I still get to pay for a switch transfer
when I need to upgrade or replace.

I get that with the cisco one license I can use any and all options, but I
just can't get past the pricing.  literally I get to pay more in 5 years on
this cisco one stuff then the pricing of the switches themselves.

Anyone using it?  In what kind of situation would this licensing structure
make sense?

TIA

scott