[c-nsp] ASR9000 A9K-2T20GE-B weird port issue

Curtis Piehler cpiehler2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 18:02:37 EDT 2017

I've just noticed this weird issue recently.  Whenever we have a port go
down for circuit related issues and recover I have to manually do a
shut/commit, no shut/commit to bring the interface up/up.  It is not
related to a specific type of optic because I am using different Cisco
branded ones (LX and SX).  The interesting thing is the far side interface
recovers appropriately.

We use a mod-80 se with a 20X1G MPA in the same chassis and this issue is
not observed on that hardware.

Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Curtis