[c-nsp] Cisco1900 routing packets with destination MAC all zero?

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Mon May 8 05:50:22 EDT 2017

On 8 May 2017 at 10:25, rako <rakovsk at gmail.com> wrote:
> The question is really why destination MAC 0000.0000.0000 passes behind
> PHY/mac_filter on this platform and whether such behavior should be
> generally considered wrong.
> It's not the case on other Cisco platforms.

I would probably consider it "wrong" because I highly doubt you have a
genuine need to be sending traffic with an all zero's MAC, so I'd look
at the packet capture to work out where it has come from and fix
“that” issue. Wondering why the router is forwarding the frame/packet
is at Cisco's digression not ours (you could open a TAC/bug case if
you feel it appropriate) but probably the real issue here is why you
have frames/packets with an all zero's DMAC on your network at all.

Cheers,
James.