[c-nsp] vrrpv3 + IPv6 hangs in INIT state

"Rolf Hanßen" nsp at rhanssen.de
Mon May 22 10:57:34 EDT 2017

Hello,

I just tried to get VRRP + IPv6 running on a Sup2T with 15.1(2)SY1.
I enabled VRRPv3 and it works at least for IPv4.

But for IPv6 the status stays on status INIT:
sh vrrp brief:
  Interface          Grp  A-F Pri  Time Own Pre State   Master addr/Group
addr
  Vl2000               6 IPv6 100     0  N   Y  INIT    AF-UNDEFINED no
address

sh vrrp vlan 2000:

Vlan2000 - Group 6 - Address-Family IPv6

  State is INIT
  State duration 49 mins 57.900 secs
  Virtual IP address is no address
  Virtual MAC address is 0000.5E00.0206
  Advertisement interval is 3000 msec
  Preemption enabled
  Priority is 100
  Master Router is unknown, priority is unknown
  Master Advertisement interval is unknown
  Master Down interval is unknown

vlan2000 is up and other side (Juniper MX) pings fine.

sh vrrp statistics shows zero-counters.

Routing-Interface:
interface Vlan2000
 ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0
 no ip redirects
 no ip proxy-arp
 load-interval 30
 ipv6 address xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::3/64
 ipv6 enable
 ipv6 nd dad attempts 0
 ipv6 nd prefix default no-advertise
 ipv6 nd ra suppress
 no ipv6 redirects
 vrrp 6 address-family ipv6
  address xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx::1/64
  exit-vrrp
end

I would expect it to become master in case it does not work together with
Juniper.
I checked with a second device, same behaviour.
Any hints?

kind regards
Rolf