[c-nsp] NCS4200 - re-badged ASR920 / ASR900 ?

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed May 24 04:50:25 EDT 2017

On 24 May 2017 at 09:32, Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu> wrote:

> Personally, I'd still prefer IOS XE on the ASR920. IOS XR is a little
> bloated, and to keep the ASR920 competitive, I don't think it will make
> sense to increase hardware resources needed to run IOS XR.

Just add commit to IOS-XE and maybe even RPL and we're good.

To be fair, i'm not sure if IOS-XR is inherently that much more
expensive from HW POV. Probably somewhat more memory hungry due to IPC
being too slow, leading to duplication of state in various processes,
but DRAM isn't going to be large contributor to the BOM.

--
  ++ytti