[c-nsp] Cisco ASR vs Juniper

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Wed May 24 10:35:56 EDT 2017

About the MX104 and ACX5000....

I have ~7,000 dsl customers being nat'd behind /24 of address space on a
pair of MX104's... they run nicely on two mpls l3vpn's... nat inside vrf
(ri) and nat outside vrf (ri)

I have deployed (~30) ACX5048's as mpls p's and pe's and they are running
well.  I have hit a bug with VPLS that requires a vpls routing-instance
bounce to revive, but JTAC just told me the PR is hitting D20 software and
fixed in D25.... still need to test that.  But all in all, I like the
ACX5048's.

-Aaron