[c-nsp] NCS5501(-SE) in P and SP Peering roles

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Wed Nov 15 07:47:33 EST 2017

Hey all,

It’s been a few months since the last rounds of NCS55k talk.  I’ve been reading up on these boxes, so I thought I’d stir the pot again to see what bubbled up.

The NCS5001 is out of scope here, as I was recently told that it’s not recommended as a P; it’s not (any longer?) a supported use case.

The NCS5501 as a P (ISIS, BFD, LDP) and the NCS5501-SE as a SP Peering (ISIS, BFD, LDP, v4/v6-full-Internet-table-in-a-VRF, Full XR RPL stack, CoPP/LPTS) would be the candidate use cases.

Anyone have any thoughts, experiences or rumours?

Thanks!