[c-nsp] Nexus 7707 as Internet Edge Router?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Wed Nov 15 13:01:14 EST 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 02:13:20PM +0100, Brian Turnbow wrote:
> Wanted to correct a post from a while back I made when discussing
> NCS5500s....

Thanks for that.

> > > And then, what features it gets - the first list on cisco.com was
> >> amazingly thin on details, but one of the interesting bits was
> >>"no support for EIGRP",which I  find highly astonishing - you have a
> vendor that has a nice
> >> customer-lock-in  feature, purely control-plane (so, no need to do
> hardware-specific
> > > coding),  and they... forget to enable it?
[..]
> NCS5500s do not support EIGRP

Return to Step 1 - "why, if you have customers actually *liking* your
vendor-lock-in features, why would you stop shipping them?".

Actually they seem to be really liking that... ASR920 doesn't do HSRPv2
(though it *does* support HSRPv1).  So, if you have a 2901 + ASR920
as router pair, no IPv6 first-hop redundancy for you (while ASR920 will
do VRRP instead, 2901 won't).

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de