[c-nsp] spanning-tree for local switching on ASR920

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Oct 19 00:05:47 EDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-10-18 at 15:39 +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> I have an ASR920 that is supposed to have gi0/0/10 and gi0/0/11 in
> the same bridge group, with a routed IP:
>
> interface GigabitEthernet0/0/10
>  no ip address
>  media-type auto-select
>  negotiation auto
>  cdp enable
>  service instance 10 ethernet
>   encapsulation untagged
>   l2protocol peer stp
>   bridge-domain 10
>  !

We don't use STP on ASR920, but my guess is that you need "bridge-
domain from-encapsulation" in the service instance configuration.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/configuration/guide/lanswitch/lanswitch-xe-3s-asr920-book/lanswitch-xe-3s-asr920-book_chapter_0101.html#task_1000030

Then configure STP for VLAN "10". It doesn't seem like there is any way
to map to an arbitrary PVST instance, VLAN ID and bridge domain ID has
to match.

--
Peter