[c-nsp] spanning-tree for local switching on ASR920

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Oct 19 03:46:32 EDT 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 08:21:27AM +0100, James Bensley wrote:
> >> Then configure STP for VLAN "10". It doesn't seem like there is any way
> >> to map to an arbitrary PVST instance, VLAN ID and bridge domain ID has
> >> to match.
>
> I don't know the answer to you question but Peter's suggestion sounds
> like a probably answer to me.

I wasn't particularily asking for suggestions, but for "I have this
working, and this is how it looks like".

This box is unlike any other Cisco "switch-like thing" I've had in my
hands before, so it might very well be just not supported at all.

> However, you didn't share you STP
> config, or was "l2protocol peer stp" all of it? :)

There isn't anything else you *can* configure (except changing the
global STP mode from pvstp to mst and back, and setup mst instances,
which does not have an effecit either).

So indeed, that's all there is, and the ASR920 MST/PVST+ documentation
claims "there is nothing else you can do".

*If* you have a vlan, you can do "spanning-tree vlan 10", but that is
default anyway (= not showing up in the config), but since there is no
"vlan 10" in the system, there's no spanning-tree instance for it either
("show vlans" comes up empty).

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de