[c-nsp] WS-X6716-10GE in a 7600

Bryan Holloway bryan at shout.net
Wed Sep 6 19:07:59 EDT 2017

Anyone have any experience using a WS-X6716-10GE-3C in a 7600 chassis?

The docs indicate that support was added in IOS 15.2(2)S ... we're
running 15.5(3)S1.

Card boots fine, diagnostics pass, and interfaces appear in the config.

However, known working X2 GBICs we install show up as "Unknown", and the
"sh int transceiver" output shows very odd values (e.g., -18.1 Celsius
temperature (!) and 2231.8 mA (!) of current.)

Curious if anyone has used this module in that chassis successfully.

Should we just assume we have a bum card?

Thank you,
			- bryan