[c-nsp] ISIS/BFD Monitoring

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 16 03:24:46 EDT 2017

Thank you Aaron.

In my humble opinion, syslog is a bit inapplicable. The way I know it, it
will have an error message like "ISIS session to <neighboring router
hostname> changed to down" (maybe it do has interface name, I don't recall
the exact message right now).

Anyhow, not the neighboring router hostname nor interface name, have the
exact circuit (that went down) information. In our case, it encoded into
interface description.

To your knowledge, the tools you mentioned, are able to append that
information to the original syslog message?

בתאריך 16 בספט' 2017 4:57 AM,‏ "Aaron Gould" <aaron1 at gvtc.com> כתב: