[c-nsp] ISIS/BFD Monitoring

Clinton Work clinton at scripty.com
Sun Sep 17 14:30:14 EDT 2017

I have used RouteExplorer since 2007.  RouteExplorer listens to ISIS,
OSPF, or BGP routing updates and keeps a searchable history.  The tool
works great in a multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, ...).
 I have setup alerts to monitor specific ISIS links or when an ISIS
router is isolated.   I find the topology views (called layouts) very
useful where you have a large network with frequent changes.  The
topology views can be exported as a JPG, PDF, or SVG file.   When links
or routers are down they will turn red in the topology view and you can
step back in the routing history to see what the topology looked.

--
Clinton Work
Airdrie, AB