[c-nsp] config example xconnent between ASR9K and 6500

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 06:19:32 EDT 2017

On 19 September 2017 at 22:12, Alejandro Aristizabal
<aaristizabal at mediacommerce.net.co> wrote:

> Thanks every one it works!!!

To make a point to point pseudowire from an ASR9K to a 6500 using
sub-interface you need config as follows;

IOS-XR:
l2vpn
 xconnect group test-VC117
  p2p XR-to-IOS-vc117
   interface TenGigE0/0/0/3.3406
   neighbor ipv4 10.0.0.10 pw-id 117

interface TenGigE0/0/0/3.3406 l2transport
 description PERF-Link-Test:VC117
 encapsulation dot1q 3406
 rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
 mtu 1518

IOS:
interface GigabitEthernet2/8/30.3406
 description PERF-Link-Test:VC117
 encapsulation dot1Q 3406
 xconnect 10.0.0.11 117 encapsulation mpls

This should work on a 6509-E type chasses with DFC4s et al. (SUP2T
etc). On older SUP720 I'm not sure. For some older Cisco devices like
7200s they would negotiate to VC Type 4 by default and ASR9Ks use VC
type 5 by default. So in this case of a tagged sub-interfface you can
force either device to use VC-Type 4 or 5 to match the other using a
pseudowire-class and munge the MTU manually on the interfaces to match
within LDP.

If you have this working on a 6500 with SUP720, what is the config you
have used please?

Also what is the output from the following commands when you set up a
p2p pseudowire, not using a bridge domain:

6500: show mpls l2transport binding xxx
6500: show mpls l2transport vc xxx detail
9K: show l2vpn xconnect pw-id xxx detail

> But my needing is a little different because in ASR subinterface (interface
> TenGigE0/0/0/1.103 l2transport of the example) when I want to configure it
> inside a bridge domian it says that is not possible,
> I do it betwwen ASR and ASR and works well like this:
>

> l2vpn
>  bridge group BG_MST_VAL
>   bridge-domain BD_MST-VAL-VLAN-147
>    interface Bundle-Ether3.147
>    !
>    interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/2.147
>    !
>    interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0/3.147
>    !
>    vfi EMAV
>     neighbor 10.248.10.1 pw-id 147
>     !
>     neighbor 10.248.10.3 pw-id 147
>

> ¿¿¿How can I do the same between my cisco 6500 and ASR9K  ???
>
> thank very much !!!

What you have configured above is a manually configured LDP signalled
VPLS session. The SUP720 won't support this. You need DFC4 and 15.2
code I believe.

You can try and move the neighbor statement from the VFI to under your
bridge domain config, I believe that creates a targeted (p2p) LDP
session which might "trick" the 6500 into thinking this is just a
vanilla Martini draft pseudowire.

Cheers,
James.