[c-nsp] What are people doing for thousands of 1Gbps ports in a single VLAN domain these days?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Wed Sep 27 08:39:29 EDT 2017

Is the model of distribution switch -> tor switch and trunking vlans all over the place still the best way to accomplish this or has the 'remote linecard' thing matured to the point where it is no longer fraught with compromise?

I've always loved the idea of a central configuration point for everything but obviously there used to be drawbacks to that convienience.

Let me know what you guys are currently building. =)

-Drew