[c-nsp] MACSec Stages

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:28:31 EDT 2018

Hello everyone,

After a few implementations of MACSec, I began wondering is there a
complete documentation of that technology out there?

For example, I have quite an experience with L2TP. Now, SCCRP may sound
like a bad language to some, but as we all know, it's an important step in
tunnel setup. The internet is literally brimming with information about
L2TP. As for MACSec, maybe it's only me - but I'm having a hard time
finding information on MACSec internal workings (beyond packets formats)
especially - when it comes to protocols stages and related cisco debugs.

All I was able to find this far, are some really general sketches of MACSec
exchanges and seemingly unrelated debug commands.

Am I missing something? Any help, such as linking to proper documentation,
successful and unsuccessful debug outputs and such, on and off-list, will
be gladly appreciated.

Thank you,
Alex.