[c-nsp] MACSec Stages

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:32:36 EDT 2018

I'll second that.

Proper documentation, *not* simply configuration guides, available on Cisco
website - is a MUST. Not something you can possibly avoid doing until
___________  (fill in reason to your liking).

I hope it goes without saying.

On the other hand, *it is *worth mentioning, that my current evel of
understanding IPSec I've got exactly from "Cisco Press" book on the subject
and I still remember and really appreciate, the depth which the subject was
covered. I still remember and appreciate the explained debug outputs, both
successful and unsuccessful. Worth noting that even today, many years after
I red it, I still prefer running debugs on Cisco gear, even if I run into
issues with other vendors. Mainly thanks to the authors. Hence - yes, if
there will be a book on the subject, I'll probably buy it, since I involved
with many MacSec projects and it's still counting.

*But*, "Cisco Press" book comes in no way, to replace *products*
documentation available on Cisco website. A book may and should cover more
in depth material, alongside theoretical/design stuff but it's a long shot.
In the meantime, I second the quick - not that in depth material - on Cisco
website.

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts.

Alex.

בתאריך יום ו׳, 20 באפר' 2018, 9:47, מאת James Bensley ‏<jwbensley at gmail.com