[c-nsp] ASR9k: RIB/FIB convergence

Thomas Schmid schmid at dfn.de
Fri Aug 3 02:44:49 EDT 2018

Hi Adam,

Am 02.08.2018 um 20:02 schrieb adamv0025 at netconsultings.com:
>> to be more clear: the full 700k BGP updates are only sent to a small fraction
>> of the e/iBGP peers (10-20).
>>
>> The BGP updates are sent out without delay to the neighbors. Wrt. the
>> number of sessions when things get bad, it's hard to tell since the number of
>> routers is 8 with 4 ASR9000 and 4 ASR9900 (many BGP peers). Within the 4
>> ASR9900 it looks more or less linear.
>>
> Seems like the control plane is all good it's just the bcdlv2 having troubles - or GSP as the underlying transport.
> The " show bcdlv2 trace" should give TAC engineers tons of info.

yes, I already had like 10h of webex with TAC/BU/DEs, but the show bcdlv2 trace doesn't give enough info so they had to build a special debug SMU that could only be used in lab environment. That's where we are at the moment.

> Btw if you do "show rib update-groups" you see no freeze counts right?

actually there's one entry:

Update Group    Client ID  Parent UG  Redist   Freeze Count
3               0          0          outsync  0
2               10         N/A        insync   0
0               22         N/A        insync   0
1               23         N/A        insync   0
28              43         1          outsync  1

Cheers,

  Thomas