[c-nsp] VTI support in ASA multiple contexts

Nick Cutting ncutting at edgetg.com
Mon Aug 13 14:34:30 EDT 2018

Any plans to support this in the future? Maybe with the mighty mystical 10.0 ASA code release.

We are getting more and more requests for this, (AZURE / AWS) to connect back to our datacenter - of which we have hundreds of contexts.

When the client has already built a VPN-gateway in route-mode on the Azure side, AND they are using the "basic SKU" - RouteBased -> policy based is not possible, as you cannot add the trafficSelector, nor can you add a second VPN-Gateway running in policy-based mode.

Guidelines for Virtual Tunnel Interfaces (9.9)
Context Mode

Supported in single mode only.

Regards,
Nick Cutting