[c-nsp] ASR9k: RIB/FIB convergence

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Aug 21 14:59:10 EDT 2018

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 04:29:02PM +0200, Thomas Schmid wrote:
> according to TAC, the behavior observed is intended behavior. No change in the CEF table -> no BGP update announcement. This leads to a classical deadlock situation. 'advertise best-external' might indeed help, but as you said, FIB usage goes up a lot when you do this for e.g. upstream connections.

Note that advertise best-external is only supported if you do
labeled-unicast.

If you run your "Internet" unlabeled, advertise best-external will do
fairly insane things which according to TAC are "works as designed"
(namely, install both the "best iBGP" and the "best eBGP" path in the
FIB and do load-sharing(!) across them).

gert