[c-nsp] GRE tunnel (inside ICMP fails after two pings) - Wits End

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 03:50:12 EDT 2018

Have you run a packet capture on your Linux box to see if the Linux box is sending more than two echo requests / that it is receiving more than two echo requests from the router?

Have you run an embedded packet capture on the ASR1k to see what it sends / receives?

What do you see in your interface counters on the GRE tunnel on each box and physical  interface on each box? Any drops or errors, do packets come into physical interface but not tunnel interface?

Have you tried applying an ACL on the ASR1K to match and log these packets?

You need to provide some basic debugging info other than "its configured but doesn't work".

Cheers,
James.