[c-nsp] OSPF+BGP and MPLS Q's

ringbit at mail.com ringbit at mail.com
Fri Aug 31 16:47:18 EDT 2018

Hi Mark,

Would like to get back to this with some more questions.

1. Imagine a ring topology with core switches each sw connected with dual 10G links thus Port channel for increased capacity. The redundancy is achieved from OSPF adjacency over two different VLANs with BFD enabled (first vlan going clock wise and second vlan anti clockwise traversing the trunk links).

Would be interested to know your thought on preparing this type of config for MPLS. Convert the trunk links into L3 links? If yes, what about other VLANs (customer vlans) traversing the trunks?

What for considering whether a device can be in backbone area 0 or not? Because some are not and for simplicity I want to consider having all in area 0.

Thanks!
Ton