[c-nsp] Dual Homed Site with L2 Backup

Richard Clayton sledge121 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 06:22:53 EST 2018

Hi Guys

Scenario

Customer has dual homed geographically seperated site into mpls wan.  They
also have a single layer 2 circuit running between the two.  The
requirement is to backup the layer 2 over the wan circuits.  The wan
hardware at both sites is cisco 4k ios xe.

I'm interested to know how you guys would achieve this.  I've had the
luxury of 4 days in the lab testing VXLAN, OTV and L2TPV3 xconnect between
the two 4k routers, also did JDSU throughout testing over the tunnel, was
quite interesting.