[c-nsp] Multihomed OTV on CSR Lab - Mac Address Issue

quinn snyder snyderq at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 14:55:29 EST 2018

the challenge is that when you tout your vm mobility play as “zero touch” after move (i.e. you don’t have to re-ip your vm/application/etc to ensure 100% business continuity) — you need to have stretched layer-2 between locations to ensure proper functionality.
things like bgp host-route injection or dns-gslb can remove the dependence on application == ip address — but the organization has to be mature enough to handle such things — especially in an automated way.
hence the evolution of things like lisp and vxlan within the enterprise/dc — to help alleviate some of these problems (i.e. we can do a layer-2 overlay on a layer-3 network).  while mpls does such things as well — for a long time — the requirements for dc have diverged from service provider.  this is slowly changing.

q.
quinn snyder | snyderq at gmail.com