[c-nsp] Multihomed OTV on CSR Lab - Mac Address Issue

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Mon Feb 5 11:15:42 EST 2018

Thanks y’all, to be clear, are you saying “…VPLS. Segment Routing…”  you view those as fad technologies ?  …or the opposite?

Yeah, I remember working for the US Navy in San Diego in 1999 and sitting in a class taught be a vendor-provided SE, FORE Systems.  The class was about, yep you guessed it with the mention of the vendor (FORE)…class was on ATM… LANE…. Etc.  You may recall that in the late 90’s, early 2000’s, ATM was going to save the world.  At one point in the class, the instructor paused and made a seemingly prophetic statement… he said, all this ATM stuff is new and great and all that, but he then erased the board and said this will all be superseded by this technology in the next several years… and he wrote 4 letters on the board…. M-P-L-S…. then we all stared at him and didn’t know what he was talking about, because ATM was new and awesome and we were completely taken up in the latest 20 million dollar US Navy atm-to-the-desktop project…. And also , we had no idea what he was talking about with mpls…. Then he erased those 4 letters and went back to talking about LECS, LES, BUS, LEC operations in LANE ELAN’s….  K   LOL….

-Aaron