[c-nsp] N77k and IPv6 traffic through SNMP (bug CSCuy92828)

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou achatz at forthnet.gr
Thu Feb 22 16:48:05 EST 2018

Some years ago, while trying to graph IPv6 traffic per interface through SNMP (i.e. using ipIfStatsHCInOctets.ipv6), we found out that N77k (Sup2E & F3 cards) was returning wrong counters.

Lately we revisited the topic, opened a case and TAC informed us about bug CSCuy92828, where it's clearly written that hw switched IPv6 traffic isn't returned by SNMP (that explains the wrong counters). Bug is still open (as enhancement but with a very low number of support cases), so it gives us  hope that it's not an hw limitation of N77k, but rather a sw one.

Does anyone by chance have more inside info? Neither TAC nor AS could help us on this.

--
Tassos