[c-nsp] Nexus 7k Upgrade Path

Bradley Ordner bradinusa at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 22 19:41:07 EST 2018

Hi,

Only been on the list for a few months but found it very informative. I had a question regarding the Nexus 7K ISSU upgrades.

We have a Nexus 7K with two SUP2Es. We need to get to software version 8.1(2). It says that you can't double hop to a software version without an outage. Although I have found the following -

ISSU from 7.2(0)D1(1) to 7.3(1)D1(1) then to 8.1(2).

We currently are on 7.2(0)D1(1) according to the doco I should be able to upgrade as each version can ISSU to the next?

Has anyone performed this before?

I have posted this on Cisco Support Community, with no response so either it is a stupid question or no one has done it before.

Thanks

Brad Ordner