[c-nsp] Products for dealing with packet re-ordering?

Alex K. nsp.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 10:51:08 EST 2018

Hello everyone,

An interesting issue came across my desk, one I'd like to hear community
opinion about.

A customer of mine, due to carrier restrictions, is about to aggregate a
few links into one (using etherchannel). Due to required bandwidth, it
seems he would need to load balance across the LAG on a packet by packet
basis. Now, we all know the dangers of packet reordering. On another hand,
there are products from VeloCloud, Talari, SilverPeak and probably many
others, that on paper are capable of dealing with the issues and delivering
packets in orderly manner.

The question is, is anybody using those products and can admit first-hand
experience? Or the daemon of packet reordering is grossly exaggerated?

Thank you for sharing your experience/opinions on the matter.