[c-nsp] me3600 ospf %100 cpu blowup

Mike mike-cisconsplist at tiedyenetworks.com
Fri Jan 12 22:36:10 EST 2018

On 01/12/2018 12:26 PM, Aaron Gould wrote:
> I'll take a stab at it...
>
> Show log... (prior to reboot, so you may need to look at syslog...)
>
> If you see NILE ASIC errors of some sort, I recall TAC telling me there isn't a fix and reboot is required.  :|
>
> I recall the nile asic thing being l2vpn related.... so I dunno about the ospf thing
>
> -Aaron

So ... the plot thickens.

My initial analysis was flawed and reload did not in fact address the
problem. I was able to observe the neighbors all having issues again and
this time I saw that a neighbor relationship was stuck in 'loading'
state. After a lot of looking around, I determined that the interface
and ip mtu both were 9216. I suspect that this mtu was too big and that
my igp had grown to a point where fragmentation was needed but due to an
incorrect mtu here, the updates were not working due to full size
packets. I added 'ip mtu 9000' and the problem has not come back since
(>10 hours now).

Mike-