[c-nsp] Core layer device n7004 vs n9396px

Igor Sukhomlinov dvalinswamp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 18:59:11 EST 2018

+1 to question about routing.
Terminating uplinks from an ISP on a switch is generally not the best
approach. Not that it will not do the job - just you wil loose a fair bit
of flexibility for your internet uplink/s.
The best option imo is to go with ASR9k/NCS5k/NCS5500 series. If you're
actually planning to add flexibility for you Internet connection, e.g add
extra uplinks, either of these platforms will do the job easily.

I had experience 2 years ago with Nexus9300 terminating some BGP and would
not recommend it. Too many limitations and inconsistencies. This is a leaf
switch tailored for ACI deplyments.

Rgds,
Igor