[c-nsp] ip vrf autoclassify source - loss of connectivity to hosts

James Bensley jwbensley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 03:38:33 EST 2018

On 12 January 2018 at 20:30, Aaron Gould <aaron1 at gvtc.com> wrote:
> This "ip vrf autoclassify source" feature looks to be a very nice auto-pbr
> solution for allowing multiple vrf's on one interface!
>
> I'd like to know if anyone has used it, particularly in the cable modem
> world...on Cisco uBR7246VXR, uBR10k, cbr8
>
> -Aaron

Hi Aaron,

We're not using "vrf autoclassify" but "vrf receive" for xDSL services
on some legacy 7200s and similar. "vrf receive" is not supported on
the our newer LNS devices (ASR1000 series) so I would assume that "vrf
autoclassify" isn't too. I find these features a bit of a hack so if
possible I'd try and move away from them.

Having a quick look on Cisco.com there isn't any recent documentation
for "vrf autoclassify" so I expect it is being phased out (a question
for your account manager). It's a bitch as we've got a bunch of users
that use "vrf receive", which now need migrating but I find the design
ugly and the 7200s are dead for me (R.I.P buddy!).

Cheers,
James.