[c-nsp] NEXUS 3K - Carrier Ethernet ELINE/VPLS - double-tag/QinQ with vPC DCI

eyeballi77 eyeballi77 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:58:23 EST 2018

Hi folks,

I have looking insights / lessons learned on similar deployments to the
above?  I know that stretched layer 2 is not ideal.

I am connecting two small DC footprints and have a potential requirement to
'securely' carry internet edge traffic as part of an active/active DIA with
one location acting as failover for the other..

Dual L2/L3 POD Interconnect
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/nexus-7000-series-switches/118934-configure-nx7k-00.html

My main query is around the ability to implement a vpc over a carrier
ethernet service due to qinq and where not all necessary protocols are
transparent from the carrier.

Appreciate any insights/advice you can offer.

Many thanks
Neil