[c-nsp] IOS-XR BGP RR MCID (Multiple Cluster ID)

adamv0025 at netconsultings.com adamv0025 at netconsultings.com
Mon Mar 12 13:14:45 EDT 2018

Hmm well ok, I guess if you have one set of static routes on RR1 and one set of static routes/loopback on RR2 –then sure you might want to use iBGP session between RR1 and RR2 for redundancy purposes (if say the particular RR1 is the only place you originate the given route from)

–but why not originating the same set of static routes/loopbacks out of both RRs in this case?

I mean in your case with common Cluster-ID on both RR1 and RR2 these odd per-RR routes are the only thing exchanged over that iBGP session anyways right?

adam

netconsultings.com

::carrier-class solutions for the telecommunications industry::